Monday, January 8, 2018

Top 10 life lessons I have learned to date.

1. Learning to pick my battles. Not every fight is worth fighting for especially when the person you are trying to share your experience/opinion with has a closed mind. Unwilling to hear alternative views.
2. It's about the journey, not the destination. I'm here on this planet to experience, learn and grow. There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity.
3. Knowledge is not to be hoarded but shared with any who would seek it. In a fellowship, I heard it phrased differently. "You can't keep what you have unless you give it away".
4. Balance is the Holy Grail. Rarely is this achieved in all aspects of my life, but it is a goal that I strive for on a daily basis.
5. Is it better to understand or be understood? You decide on your own which one is most important or if they both are equal in their importance.
6. Being present or at the moment. Another lesson of life where Improvement and not Perfection is the goal.
7. Growth comes from doing things outside of my comfort.
zone.
8. Failing should never be feared. It is a powerful tool used for learning.
9. Compassion empathy, understanding all love based emotions are the only tools I have found to break the cycle of hate and violence both derived from fear. It would be foolish of me to forget transgressions brought against me. The act of forgiveness is not for the other person. It is a gift I give to myself.
10. Happiness is an inside job. People places and things will never fill the void.

In no particular order are these placed and I continue to add much more as long as I stay open to the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers