Tuesday, March 21, 2017

A decision I made, aware of the consequences and how I would suffer for it.

...I thought I shared with you the story of the judge who stated: "You do not respect my authority do you?" I told him respect is a gift given. I tolerate you because I have no choice. But you have never given me a reason to respect you.

A recent text between myself and a long time friend. I was sharing with him a difficult time in my life where I was confronted with a judge who took issues with my profession. Not allowing me to travel for work. I went knowing full well that upon my return I would be arrested.

How dare you judge me in such a manner and expect me to prostate myself before. Is what went through my mind. When I responded to this fool before me. Drunk on his power.


I spent 9 months waiting for trial. The judge would not allow me to post bail on personal recognizance. after the third time,
I returned to the city to travel because my job required it.

Integrity can be a lonesome bedfellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers